Monday, September 16, 2013

Iloilo Designers Week 2013 Day 3

Iloilo Designers Week Day 3 focused on menswear but the first set was opened by SM Department Store showcasing their new collection (everything is available at all leading SM Department Stores -- go visit the one nearest you asap!), followed by menswear and capped off by the gorgeous evening wear for the last set. Read more about Day 1 here and here and Day 2 here and here.

Here are some of my favorite pieces from Day 3 (August 23):

SM Department Store

Girly and casual. This collection is perfect for students because the clothes are trendy but very affordable.


Menswear

Don Protasio Spring/Summer 2014 "Monks in riot"

I love the asymmetrical cuts and lines, layering and the tie-dye effect of this collection. Very fashion-forward. Kudos to the designer!
Dauson Bermtay "Androjumper"

Two words to describe this collection: Fun and quirky. I love the mix of prints and patterns and interesting cuts. The flowers in their mouths were a nice touch too because it's something different among the other collections.
Mike Sorilla S/S 2014 "Japanese Gliders"

I don't know why but the checked print reminds me of car racing and the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland. I love the tiny details of the clothes like the wrap around straps and the numerous buttons.

Evening Allure

Jun-G Candelario

Daring and sexy but glamourous. I absolutely love the sheer details and textures (beads, lace and appliques). This collection is another favorite of mine. 
John-John Ditching

I love the draping and the contrast between the sheer materials. I'm not a big fan of the headpieces but nevertheless, the overall collection was great.
(c) Most photos are by Paul Frederick Chiongson

What do you think of Day 3? I will blog about the off the runway photos and my ootd very soon.

Stay connected! Click these links:

   
   
   

Take care everyone!

1 comment:

Let me know what you think of this post. Thanks for visiting my blog! Love, Em. xx ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...