Saturday, June 23, 2012

SKINS -- Get the look! (Beauty tutorial): Look like Katie Fitch, Grace Blood, Effy Stonem and Mini McGuinness

Finally, here's the last installment of our blog collaboration. We will show you how we achieved the characters' hair and make-up looks.

Nadine did most make-up looks (I did the hair) except for Mini's (Tisha's) because we were running out of time; Tisha had to do her own hair and make-up. I was the stylist but we helped on each other's outfits and at the same time, we were all photographers. Thank God for my trusty tripod, we couldn't have done group shots without it. Multi-tasking and teamwork at its best. ;)

Second generation


Third generation


Katie Fitch -- Mod and feminine. Think Twiggy (and her famous lashes)!



Here's Nadine as Katie:


To achieve this look, you will need: 

Hair: Headband (Nadine's natural hairstyle is already similar to Katie's).

Face: Primer, BB cream or Foundation of your color (you can use either of the two but in Nadine's case, she used both), Pressed powder for setting.

Cheeks: Coral blush and Bronzer.

Eyes: Eyebrow powder/pencil in brown, Neutral shades of eyeshadow, Black liquid eyeliner, Mascara, False eyelashes.

Lips: Light pink/coral lipstick and Lipgloss.

To see the list of products that we used, see Nadine's post.

Grace Blood -- Light and feminine. Think pastels!



Here's Des as Grace:


To achieve this look, you will need:

Hair: Curling iron (we used a 1 inch), Bobby pins and Hair elastics.

Face: Primer, BB cream of your color and Pressed powder for setting.

Cheeks: Coral blush.

Eyes: Eyebrow powder/pencil in brown, Neutral shades of eyeshadow, Black eye pencil, White eye pencil (for highlighting the inner corners of the eyes), Black liquid eyeliner, Mascara, False eyelashes.

Lips: Light pink/coral lipstick.

To see the list of products that we used, see Nadine's post.

Effy Stonem -- Dark and edgy. Think smokey cat eyes!



Here I am as Effy:


To achieve this look, you will need:

Hair: Curling iron (I have naturally wavy hair so I didn't have to do much but I had it in a bun prior the shoot to have more definite loose waves).

Face: Primer, BB cream or Foundation of your color (you can use either of the two but I used both), Pressed powder for setting.

Cheeks: Bronzer.

Eyes: Eyebrow powder/pencil in brown, Black, gray and blue shades of eyeshadow, Black eye pencil, Mascara

Lips: Lip balm and Matte lipstick in neutral shade.

To see the list of products that we used, see Nadine's post.

Mini McGuinness -- Very natural and light. Think "no make-up" make-up look!



Here's Tisha as Mini:


To achieve this look, you will need:

Hair: Curling iron (we used 1 inch) and Bobby pins.

Face: Primer, BB cream or Foundation of your color (you can use either of the two but I used both), Pressed powder for setting.

Cheeks: Coral blush and Highlighter.

Eyes: Eyebrow powder/pencil in brown, Neutral shades of eyeshadow with hints of shimmer, Black eye pencil, Black liquid eyeliner, Mascara, False eyelashes.

Lips: Coral lipstick.

I don't know the exact products that Tisha used but I will update this when she blogs about this look.

Since this is my last post from our shoot, I will end this with more of our creative photos!

Nadine as Katie Fitch



Des as Grace Blood



Me as Effy Stonem




Tisha as Mini McGuinness



Group shots!




These photos (above and below) seem like they're scenes from Pretty Little Liars!



(c) The inspiration photos do not belong to any of us, we got them from google. We only claim ownership to photos from our shoot. 

And that's the end. I'm so glad I was able to collaborate with these lovely bloggers because I had so much fun! We got a chance to channel our inner Skins characters yet we also got to be make-up artists/stylists/photographers/directors all at the same time. I definitely want more shoots like this in the future. I hope you find this interesting and informative because we put a lot of effort on this but we enjoyed. :)

Don't forget to check out my friends!

Nadine's blog
Tisha's blog
Des' blog

More upcoming fashion and beauty posts plus outfit looks!
In the meantime, you may join Oasap's Super Giveaway. Read my post about it for more details.

Take care everyone. Thanks for reading!
Xoxo, Em 

22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Rose! We might have another shoot soon. ♥

      Delete
  2. so pretty :))

    http://inezdivaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice photo loves
    x
    cammi
    http://www.cammilicious.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cammi! We're finally donw with the collab, now we can do ours. ;)

      Delete
  4. Just found your blog. I love your blog contents and photos. You have great style. Following you now. Keep in touch.

    I have a $100 gift card giveaway Come check it out.

    Cheers, Jacquie
    ChicAdvisor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacquie! I followed you via gfc and bloglovin. ♥

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks again Nathalie! Glad you liked it. ♥

      Delete
  6. Hi! Thanks Annia! I followed you via gfc and bloglovin. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow thanks! You just made my day! I need to update more often though. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woww....awesome post!! And you are all gorgeous! You have a great blog! I'd love if you checked out my blog, and if you like it, can we follow each other on GFC and Bloglovin’? I promise I’ll follow you back!
    Have a nice day :)

    x♥x♥

    "Saúde & Beleza - Health & Beauty"



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow thank you! I really appreciate your comment. :) Followed you via gfc and bloglovin. Hope you follow back. ♥

      Delete
    2. Thank you sooo much sweetie!!!! I’m following you back now on GFC (#109) and bloglovin (#44).....and I clicked the "♥like button" on all your posts, to show my appreciation ;)
      We'll keep in touch, and I hope you have a wonderful week<3

      x♥x♥

      "Saúde & Beleza - Health & Beauty"



      Delete
    3. Thanks! Keep in touch and take care! ♥

      Delete
  9. Nice photos!
    So sweet that you made this post together with your friends.

    xx nonnatiwow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great makeup!

    <3 Kelly
    SavvySelections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! Let's follow each other? I love your blog. ♥

      Delete

Let me know what you think of this post. Thanks for visiting my blog! Love, Em. xx ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...