Saturday, August 31, 2013

Iloilo Designers Week 2013 Day 2

Iloilo Designers Week Day 2 still focused on womenswear, having 3 sets with 3-4 shows each. Read about Day 1 here and here.

Here are some of my favorite pieces from Day 2 (August 22):

Premiere Visions

Hello Hello "Sands"

This collection is one of the few who didn't go on the usual aesthetic of womenswear. These pieces are loose rather than the typical figure-hugging numbers like the others. I actually like the maxi skirts and the kimono-like tops. The neutral colors also made the pieces wearable since you can easily pair these with anything.

 Ian Jorda

Since I am a sucker for details, I absolutely love the peek-a-boo details of the dresses. It’s subtle but sexy.
 Jet Salcedo "Saibhir Fiacre"

This collection is very ethereal and enchanting but the real showstoppers are the adorable insect headpieces! Couture!

Elegant Luxe

Eric Delos Santos

Black and white ensembles have always been my favorite. It’s classy with a twist because all-black ensembles are usual and predictable. The textures and prints made this collection interesting and appealing. The cropped tops were a plus for me so yes, this collection is another favorite of mine.
Aisha Penalosa

Yet another favorite. I love everything about this collection. The lace appliqués and sheer fabric are what really caught my eye. Well what can I say, aside from cutouts, I love clothes that are sheer or anything that has lace.
 Alberto Barros "Awr-i-gah-mee"

One thing I loved about this collection is how the color white was played up with the yellow, the origami folds and floral print. The cropped top and floral pants were my favorite.
Binky Pitogo

This collection is very me because of the cutouts and asymmetrical hems although my style is not super girly.I also like the floral crowns since it’s a huge trend right now.

Evening Allure

Paul Conte

This is one fierce collection. It’s full of textures, interesting cuts, lace, ruffles, sheer and pleats. I love it!
Angelette Borja-Ragus

What perfect way to end the set than to show people what a real woman should be like. The collection is dainty and shows the true essence of a real lady – not necessarily conservative but rather modest.
(c) Most photos are by Paul Frederick Chiongson

So what do you think of Day 2? Off the runway photos and my ootd are up next.

Stay connected! Click these links:

   
   
   

Take care everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think of this post. Thanks for visiting my blog! Love, Em. xx ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...