Monday, November 5, 2012

Philippine Fashion Week S/S '13 | Lizanne Cua

I know I'm a bit behind. Sorry for not updating as often as I should've buuut I've been busy with enrollment for the second semester. Anyway, here is another collection from the PhFW Day 2 by Lizanne Cua.

Philippine Fashion Designer Lizanne Cua’s signature aesthetics reflect strong individuality, purist structural sensibility, minimalist opulence, and a serene futuristic neo-classic mood. Inspired by strong philosophical outlook and spirituality, her collections exude elegance, style, and soul. Lizanne is fascinated by elegance expressed in sleek draping, fine materials, and artistic structures. 
She designs ready-to-wear, demi-couture, and couture womenswear, menswear, and fine jewellery. A graduate of the University of Otago in New Zealand, having completed a certificate in Milan, and a finalist in both the prestigious 5th edition Philippine Mega Young Designer’s Competition, and the 2nd Guild of Philippine Jewellers Jewelry Design Competition, she presents her collections during Philippine Fashion Week, and has participated in NZ Embassy Fashion Shows in Manila, and the iD Dunedin Fashion Week in New Zealand. 
Her labels Lizanne Cua and Sabre by Lizanne are for the confident, understated and subtly strong individual who is sophisticated, comfortable with oneself, who believes that less is more while being willing to push a few fashion boundaries.


(Designer profile from Lizannedesigns.com)


Lizanne Cua's collection is minimalist with hints of surprises like pops of color and details.



I really like how the shoulder details added oomph to the dress.



This is my favorite. The intricate straps which resembles a cage makes this dress interesting. Definitely a statement piece.




The subtle prints went really well with the neutrals.



(Photos taken by me)

I can't get enough of those strappy details! I love this collection. If you're into minimalism, for sure you'll love this too.
To know more about Lizanne Cua and her collection, check out her site.

More upcoming posts about the other collections plus what I wore during the event!

P.S. Will try to post much longer tomorrow. I'm dead tired. I just came from Day 1 of Iloilo Designers Week. So many shows lately but I ain't complaining! I am having fun watching the shows and meeting awesome people. Day 2 tomorrow! :)


Follow on Bloglovin

Take care everyone!

4 comments:

  1. What an amazing collection!
    Thank you for sharing it :)

    xo Ally

    www.gumbootglam.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thanks for the comment, Ally. :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful collection!

    Ivana
    http://ruedetreschic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post. Thanks for visiting my blog! Love, Em. xx ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...